- In America you either need money or style to live very well. Everything’s here and you can tap into it either by buying it or by convincing people to let you have it for free because you’re great to look at and they want you around.
- If you inherit so much money that you never have to work, what do you do? There’s only so much TV and vacations and lunching around that anyone can take, so if you get the money and then get the syndrome, you wander around, thinking to yourself “Who am I? What should I do?”
- I’m the type who’d be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn’t going to. I’m the type who’d like to sit home and watch every party that I’m invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.
- The more information you get the less fantasy you have. Or maybe, with more information, you just have more details to build more fancy fantasies on.
- The mystery was gone but the amazement was just starting.